Exclusive to members of the Mama Fu’s loyalty program, the Funatics Club, the secret menu features innovative Asian cuisine developed by Mama Fu’s world class chefs, selected through an internal culinary challenge. Chefs throughout the Mama Fu’s system compete to showcase their culinary skills and innovation inspired by travels through Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam, and Thailand.
2015 Spring Mama Fu’s Black Market Menu
- Sesame Crusted Tuna Appetizer - Seared sesame seed coated tuna over Asian slaw with wasabi mustard sauce and pickled cucumbers, daikon, carrots, and ginger.
- Mango Chicken Vermicelli Salad- Steamed chicken and rice vermicelli noodles tossed in togarashi ranch dressing with carrots, red bell peppers, and cucumbers. Served over spring lettuce and topped with a mango jalapeno salsa.
- Ma La Stir Fry- A Sichuan classic, the name means “numbing-hot.” Seared chicken with Sichuan peppercorns and dried chilies, tossed with cabbage, mushroom, onion, and water chestnuts served with your choice of rice.
- Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango - A traditional Asian dessert made with short grain rice cooked with sugar and coconut milk, topped with a coconut mango sauce and fresh mint.
- Yakiudon - Japanese style pan seared udon noodles with yakisoba sauce, pork, cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, yellow onion, and carrots. Topped with pickled ginger, sesame seeds, and scallions.
- Mu Shu Tacos - Seared pork with fried egg, shiitake mushrooms, cabbage, yellow onions, scallions, and bean sprouts. Served on flour tortillas with hoisin sauce.
Mama Fu's Asian House released its latest secret "Black Market Menu" on Oct. 13. The secret menu is available to members of Mama Fu's loyalty program, the Funatics Club.
Mama Fu chefs compete internally to get their creations featured on the secret menu, which often leads to a spot on the permanent menu. Since the competition and menu debuted in 2012, Spicy Seoul Stir Fry, Sichuan Kung Pao, Korean Street Tacos, and most recently, the Bulgogi Steak Wraps and Vietnamese Iced Coffee have made the leap from Black Market Menu to core menu.
The 2014 Fall Black Market Menu includes:
- Spicy Edamame – Steamed soy beans wok-seared in chili soy sauce topped with Japanese shichimi spice
- Vegetable Potstickers – Traditional dumplings served crispy or steamed, filled with carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, cabbage, and mushrooms, served on a bed of spinach with a side of ponzu sauce
- Tom Kha – A Thai specialty- your choice of protein in a rich, spiced coconut and chicken broth, with onions, mushrooms, bok choy, carrots, and vermicelli rice noodles
- Singapore Noodle – Choice of protein wok-seared with shiitake mushrooms, fried egg, onions, red bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, bean sprouts, scallions, and jalapeno tossed with vermicelli noodles in a spicy curry sauce
- Lemon Sriracha Stir Fry – Choice of protein seared with sugar snap peas, mushrooms, bok choy, red bell peppers, celery, and basil tossed with a lemon Sriracha sauce over your choice of rice
- Smoked duck – For a limited time, choose smoked duck as a protein for any entree