1 lb boneless chicken breast diced
1 tsp ground ginger
For the Marinade
1 tsp cooking wine
1 tsp ground garlic
1/4 cup water
2-1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp crushed red chili pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup water
1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
2-1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup cornstarch
12 whole dry chili peppers (chopped)
2 oz dry roasted peanuts
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced scallions
Make the Marinade
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine wine, soy sauce and water in a bowl Set aside. This makes the sauce.
- Combine 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch and 1/2 Tbsp water in small bowl. Set aside. This makes the thickener.
- Heat wok on high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp oil and heat well.
- Remove chicken from marinade and add to wok.
- Stir fry quickly for about 60 seconds.
- Remove chicken.
- Add chili peppers. Stir fry until they darken.
- Add green onions, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Stir fry about 10 seconds.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Add wine and soy sauce mixture. Stir until sauce boils.
- Add the cornstarch mix to thicken.
- Add sesame oil and peanuts.
- Stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed