Mama Fu chefs compete internally to get their creations featured on the secret menu, which often leads to a spot on the permanent menu. Since the competition and menu debuted in 2012, Spicy Seoul Stir Fry, Sichuan Kung Pao, Korean Street Tacos, and most recently, the Bulgogi Steak Wraps and Vietnamese Iced Coffee have made the leap from Black Market Menu to core menu.
The 2014 Fall Black Market Menu includes:
- Spicy Edamame – Steamed soy beans wok-seared in chili soy sauce topped with Japanese shichimi spice
- Vegetable Potstickers – Traditional dumplings served crispy or steamed, filled with carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, cabbage, and mushrooms, served on a bed of spinach with a side of ponzu sauce
- Tom Kha – A Thai specialty- your choice of protein in a rich, spiced coconut and chicken broth, with onions, mushrooms, bok choy, carrots, and vermicelli rice noodles
- Singapore Noodle – Choice of protein wok-seared with shiitake mushrooms, fried egg, onions, red bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, bean sprouts, scallions, and jalapeno tossed with vermicelli noodles in a spicy curry sauce
- Lemon Sriracha Stir Fry – Choice of protein seared with sugar snap peas, mushrooms, bok choy, red bell peppers, celery, and basil tossed with a lemon Sriracha sauce over your choice of rice
- Smoked duck – For a limited time, choose smoked duck as a protein for any entree